Our Fish InfoNetwork
- INFOFISH is part of the Fish INFONetwork of fish marketing and information services
- The network was created in late 1970’s by the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations)
- GLOBEFISH (Italy) – Globefish located in Rome is the founder and mother organisation of the FISH INFOnetwork.
- EUROFISH (Denmark) – Eurofish is the European organisation concentrating mainly on Central and Eastern Europe.
- INFOPECHE (Cote d’Ivoire) – Infopeche is the African Fisheries Information service and works from the office in Cote d’Ivoire.
- INFOSA (Namibia) – The information service for Southern Africa is a sub office of INFOPECHE in Namibia covering the SADC region.
- INFOPESCA (Uruguay) – Infopesca based in Uruguay concentrates on the fisheries in Latin America.
- INFOFISH (Malaysia) – The fourth member, Infofish, covers Asia and the Pacific from its Headquarters in Malaysia.
- INFOSAMAK (Morocco) – Infosamak is another organisation based in Africa. From Morocco Infosamak provides the Arab speaking countries with information and assistance.
- INFOYU (China) – Infoyu is the Chinese member of the FISH INFOnetwork with its base in Beijing.
Created to assist the fishery sector particularly in developing countries and countries in transition, the network provides services to private industry and to governments.
The execution of multilateral and bilateral projects is one of the main activities of the network. It is also widely known for its range of publications and periodicals as well as for the organisation of international conferences, workshops and training seminars.
For more information on the Fish InfoNetwork and its activities please visit the Fish INFONetwork page on the Globefish website.