Vigo will attract the attention of the world tuna sector, by celebrating ANFACO-CECOPESCA, the IX World Tuna Conference "Vigo 2019", on September 16th and 17th, 2019 at the Centro Social Afundación, Vigo (Spain).
In this way, the world's leading tuna sector (processing and canning tuna companies, tuna fleet, tuna traders, auxiliary industries, tuna management organizations, government fisheries… will attend the conference, which will be a real meeting point to develop different forums for analysis and debate about those matters of interest for the future of the tuna sector.
Speakers and top-level international attendees will discuss the latest developments in the tuna sector globally, as well as the relevant matters that affect its competitiveness:
- TUNA MARKET ANALYSIS AND TRENDS.
- Keys to revalue tuna products.
- Canned tuna that consumers want: channels and adequate communication to attract and retain them.
- Latest developments in the canned tuna market.
- SITUATION OF THE TUNA STOCKS AND ITS SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT.
- Situation of tuna stocks in the Eastern Pacific and its management measures.
- Situation of tuna stocks in the Indian Ocean and its management measures.
- Sustainable management of the tuna fleet and industry chain.
- SUSTAINABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FISHING AND TRADE.
- The role of the EU and the EU members in the fight against IUU fishing – Balance of the 9 years of application of the EU Regulation.
- The role of trade in the fight against IUU fishing.
- INNOVATION IN THE WORLD OF TUNA.
- Innovation in the technology of production and processing.
- Digitalization in tuna fishing.
- Tuna vessel of the future.
- ANALYSIS OF THE TUNA INDUSTRY AND MARKET IN EUROPE.
- Europe: Main aspects to guarantee the competitiveness of the EU tuna industry.
- ANALYSIS OF THE TUNA MARKET IN AMERICA.
- Current situation and future perspectives of raw material supply, processing and commercialization of canned tuna in America.
- ANALYSIS OF THE TUNA MARKET IN ASIA, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA.
- Current situation and future perspectives of raw material supply, processing and commercialization of canned tuna in Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
- TOWARDS A RESPONSIBLE AND SUSTAINABLE SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL MODEL.
- Labor and environmental standards in the tuna industry.
- The role of FIPs in sustainability.
- SUSTAINABILITY AND TUNA TRACEABILITY: A COMMITMENT OF ALL.
- The role of the sector as a whole in sustainability.
- Sustainability and traceability.
- Towards a true level-playing field in the tuna sector.
On the other hand, there will be a machinery exhibition and auxiliary services during the celebration of the conference in which different companies and organizations will promote their products, equipment, machinery and their latest innovations.
The conference is part of the "International Forum of Fishery Products Preservation", created by ANFACO-CECOPESCA in 1995. Since then, it has been successfully organizing conferences on current issues for the fishing sector, processing and commercialization of fishery products, ...